Program Version History
Version 2.6.11 (2015-08-27) for AustalView 8.6
Version 2.6.11 (2015-07-27) for AustalView 8.6
- MPI configuration hanger fixed in Windows 10.
Version 2.6.11 (2015-07-16) for AustalView 8.6
- TALDAImpi error regarding settingspath prevented.
- New calculation test pk_mpi_test.exe in Models folder
Version 2.6.11 (2015-07-06) for AustalView 8.6
- More possible error hints during installation.
- During installation MPIEXEC.exe will be searched in more locations.
- The console window clear at program initialisation of pk_mpi.exe has been removed to avoid hiding possible errors.
- New program pk_mpi_test.exe to quickly test the calculation with a built in sample.
Version 2.6.11 (2015-03-31) for AustalView 8.6
- Problem regarding wrong calling parameter prevented.
Version 2.6.11 (2014-10-28) for AustalView 8.6
- Processor-Identification workaround for AMD Chips. On AMD system cores might not be identified correctly, but the number of logical processors is correct. In such cases "use HyperThreads" must be checked.
Version 2.6.11 (2014-10-09) for AustalView 8.6
- Processor-Identification rewritten
- Taldia Bug-fix removed, because bug was fixed.
- Small adjustments.
- Uses austal2000 2.6.11
Version 184.108.40.206 (2014-09-21)
- An additional hint for lax instruction readers to install MS-MPI.
Version 220.127.116.11 (2014-03-28)
- Includes now changes of austal2000 version 2.6.9 and optional
- Dropped testing and support of Windows XP and older.
- Switched from MPICH2 to MS-MPI, which solves the startup delay on
- Switched Installer Software to better control and install
Version 18.104.22.168 (2013-07-08)
- Correction of the processor identification and program
Version 22.214.171.124 Plus (2012-05-04)
- Conzentration for AS, NI, HG and TL was missing.
- PLUS option got disabled.
Version 126.96.36.199 (2011-11-30)
- The order of run parameters for austal2000.exe has been changed as we
got one case where this caused problems. Error ./.austal2000.log could not be
- We sometimes use DOS 8.3 names to overcome problems with special
characters. The program will now generate an error if DOS 8.3 names were turned
off in the registry
Version 188.8.131.52 (2011-11-18)
- The huge, in verbose mode (verbosity>3), created taldia.log files
could crash pk_mpi.exe. The merging of these files are now done using less
memory. Now what will one do with a 800MB log file?
Version 184.108.40.206 (2011-10-14)
- Minor correction to catch possible problems with special characters
in paths (e.g. lib) and austal2000.txt.
Version 2.5.1 (2011-09-19)
- Includes AUTSTAL2000 2.5.1 (Problem 2011-09-12 fixed (PRFMOD and
Version 2.1.0/Windows (2011-07-25)
- New config program. This has been introduced to overcome UAC
problems. The program will be invoked at installation time or when double
clicking on pk_mpi.exe. Its a GUI program and allows to set max. Processes for
cases one wishes to reduce that or if the CPU wasn't properly detected.
Version 2.0.0/Windows (2011-03-30)
- If started with option -l, possibly created volout* files were not
copied to the project directory.
- The program supports now multibyte characters in some areas. Note
that in austal2000.txt only ANSI characters are permitted.
Version 1.0.19/Windows (2010-09-27)
- The log output into the file message.log has been enhanced by two new
- The processor identification has been improved.
Version 1.0.18/Windows (2010-06-21)
- Default input buffer size of austalMPI.exe has been increased for
timelines with variing components. (austalMPIplus.exe 1.0.18 was released on
Version 1.0.13/Windows (2009-10-07)
- If pk_mpi working directories exists, pk_mpi will now ask if it shall
- On I7 prozessors HyperThreads can be used with an 8-Core License.
Don't turn this on on other processors as it will cause wrong results.
Version 1.0.10/Windows (2009-03-23)
- Read-Only files were copied with this attribute into the working
directories and couldn't be deleted afterwords. Such files will be deleted
- The log output contains now specific information about the file
causing problems on a delete request in the file message.log. The file is
located in the directory: "c:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Lakes\Austal
View\Models" or "c:\Program files\Lakes\Austal View\Models" or equivalent.
- The input prompt in the case of error is now preceded with the
message "Hit Enter to continue".
- Other sub-folders as LIB in the project folder are now ignored and
not copied into the working directories.
Version 1.0.9/Windows (2009-03-21)
- Workaround for the problem with blanks in the path of existing wind
fields. The DOS 8.11-names are here being used now and the auto genaration of
these names must be on for this to work. This is the default.
Version 1.0.8/Windows (2009-02-25)
- This version includes austalMPI.exe and taldiaMPI.exe version
- New Cluster Config Test functions