P&K AST (TA Luft 2021 / AUSTAL)
P&K AST requires besides a Microsoft Windows system from Version 7 on:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (at least Version 11)
- The Program AUSTAL.exe.
- The Program TALdia.exe, in case wind fields / terrains are to be considered.
- The archive with the register of roughness lengthes, in case the roughness length is to be evaluated automatically.
To carry out a project with some more data of third parties might be needed.
- The weather data needed by can be obtained from the weather services (e.g. from Deutschen Wetterdienst). The usable formats are to be considered, when obtaining data. Our Program can be helpful to create or convert weather data. Also see 2.2 Weather data.
- Terrain data can be entered (laborious) in P&K AST or obtained from third parties. The importable formats are listed in 2.4 Terrain.
- Calculation samples.
Sufficient powerful Personal Computer with Microsoft Windows 8.1 or later. The Calculation is very intense, that's why "sufficient powerful" begins approximately at 3 GHz processor speed. Of course should the PC be equipped with a sufficient amount of RAM, this should be not under 4 GByte. Also see Benchmarks.
A Notebook is not recommended, because its tuned for power saving and its cooling is not sufficient. When a processor gets hot, it reduces the tact frequency and slows down (Speed Stepping).